Saturday 5 March 2016

5 March : Baking


Glacé ginger macaroons from a recipe by the lovely Mary Addison. Small, dense and deliciously gingery. I am afraid that I drizzled white chocolate on them which looked very pretty but will cause ripples of shock in the dark chocolate vigilante brigade. I can report that the Lent group were delighted and as a result we had a very jolly reading of Psalm 13, the Prayer of the Oppressed. I might have to rethink my offerings. Perhaps some unleavened bread next week.

5 comments:

  1. Snorting inelegantly here. But yes, bring on the sackcloth before things get completely out of hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought that I could pave my way to the Kingdom of Heaven with baked goods but see now that it may be a downward slope in the opposite direction.

      Delete
  2. I adore anything with ginger in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These have lovely chunks of ginger in - sweet and spicy.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.